I like to support indie devs anyway possible (within reason) and while browsing the Touch Arcade forums, I came upon LARS! Retro Pixel Platformer. I’ve been following the development of the game and it has now hit its launch (.99 in the App Store right now so get it before it goes back up to $2.99).
“Follow Agent Lars from the perilous beaches of “Tutorial Bay” through the dense and dangerous “Jungles of Incredible Peril” on your quest to save the world from the clutches of sinister forces. Only Lars can confront the mad organization of doom lurking in the ancient island ruins, learn their terrible and destructive secrets, and ultimately foil whatever evil plan they have scheduled for this week.”
- Fantastic jumping platform action.
- Over 60 Levels of platform action with plenty of pickups, unlockables, and Mario-physics. Future expansion packs on the way as well.
- A wide range of baddies, including rats, bigger rats, coco-rats, and something we call SnarlyFish.
- Original soundtracks and hand-painted backgrounds.
- Amazing 8-bit Retro Graphics. That’s almost 64 pixels per square inch!
- Thrilling story line!
- Highscore leader boards for when you’re bored with the thrilling story.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad support
You can get it here. A review of the game will be coming soon…