Sony’s much antipated mobile phone, the Xperia Play, is coming to Verizon Wireless starting on May 26 for $199.99 with a two-year contract (requires voice and data plan) and preorders will begin on May 19 through the carrier’s web site.
- Uses Android 2.3
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon II Processor
- Adreno 205 GPU
- 5 Megapixel Camera and a front facing VGA camera for video calls
- 3G Capable and can be used as a hot spot for up to 5 devices
- Comes with 7 free gaming titles (Madden NFL 11, Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior, Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, The Sims 3, Star Battalion, Crash Bandicoot, and Tetris)
- Speaking for the whole staff here at Newb Wired, I can say we all love this phone to death. It is the PSP phone we all have been waiting for.
That said though, the phone is lacking is some departments and could use some improvements under the hood. With that said, I believe this will be a much sought after phone unlike Sony’s prevoius endervours (PSPGo and PSP 3000). By the time my contract is up, I will be looking really close at this phone.