Posted on Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 in Uncategorized by Nick
I’m a big fan of the Tropico series, there is no denying that. So when I heard that Kalypso was releasing a new expansion, Modern Times, I was all over that press release.
El Presidente in space? New expansion will force El Presidente to modernize Tropico!
Ridgewood, NJ, January 13, 2012 – It’s a new year, and with that, come new challenges – especially to the beloved El Presidente and his regime! Today we are pleased to announce a new expansion for Tropico 4 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. The expansion, dubbed “Tropico 4: Modern Times,” will offer players a huge variety of new challenges as El Presidente must modernize his island nation while battling sinister underground forces that threaten the future of Tropico itself in an extensive new single-player campaign. New buildings, fresh challenges, additional presidential edicts and more will all be part of Tropico 4: Modern Times when it is released in March of 2012.
El Presidente himself is also pleased to release a teaser trailer to go along with this exciting announcement.
The times are changing and the island nation of Tropico is evolving. The Internet, a New World Order, terrorists, global financial markets and space exploration are on the rise and pose new challenges to El Presidente and his regime in Tropico 4: Modern Times.
Old buildings and structures are becoming obsolete and need to be upgraded or even replaced by their modern counterparts. Cars and transportation need modernization to meet the needs of a changing economy; and now El Presidente can even send people to the International Space Station! El Presidente and his ministers must now join the war against terror and control Internet regulation and freedom of speech on Tropico.
- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the Cold War era to modern times and even into the future
- 30 new buildings become available as time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, organic ranches and biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs.
- Upgrade old buildings to new variants – modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more
- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens’ lives. Block or limit citizens’ Internet use, create a police state or be a “good guy” and launch the Festival of Love edict.
- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces.